Everyone knows that eating too much can affect your health, but did you know that what you eat and drink during the day could affect your sleep at night?
Kate, at You Potentiality reminds that there are many things, medication, like caffeine, smoking, heavy food and carbs, and even alcohol consumed too close to bedtime that can affect your sleep and therefore your health. Ironically, even medication for insomnia can have adverse health effects and cause you to lose sleep. Follow the quick tips below and check out the recommended general relaxation and rebalancing techniques combined with a personalized cleansing and nutrition system to help you in gaining a healthier sleep pattern.
Quick tips to aide your sleep:
- Don’t eat carbs after 6pm This one is admittedly the hardest tip to follow but staying away from the chips and cookies while watching the evening news will bring about the quickest and most beneficial health benefit. Your sleep will be easier.
- Ensure a dark and quiet sleeping environment. Turn off the TV, lower your blinds or wear a night-shade over your eyes. If your room is too bright or too noisy, you are losing the health benefits of a deep sleep
- Put a quiet time into effect in the hour or two before bedtime. Just like when you were a child, that quite time is beneficial in helping to put the stresses and stimulus of the day behind you.
- Count sheep. Don’t laugh! Keeping your mind engaged in a boring activity can numb your brain into a boredom induced and relaxing sleep.
- Progressive muscle relaxation Quite easy to do, while lying down for bed, this technique involves every muscle group in your body. Starting at your toes, you tense all their muscles as tightly as you can, count to 10 and then completely relax them again. Do this for every separate muscle group in your body, working your way up from one by one to the top of your head.
You Potentiality can help you relax and calm your nervous and digestive system to bring about a very natural state of well being that will help to enable a natural and healing sleep.
May 9, 2009
There are many studies being done on the correlation of the effect of your positive moods and your continued good health. Remember how often we’re told to look on the bright side when we’re feeling down or stressed? Well, now it appears that our internal philosophies, especially how optimistic we are, potentially has a greater impact on our health and wellness than we ever thought possible.
Understanding that keeping a positive attitude is never more important than when overcoming great personal adversity, and receiving extra help to do so can also be crucial.
Luckily, learning some simple stress management tools while seeking de-stressing treatment, such as a Craniosacral Therapy (CST) session with Kate Unger at You Potentiality, will help you to return to a more optimistic, healthier you. As a complement to your body’s natural healing processes, CST is used as a preventive health measure in an effort to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with Stress and Tension-Related Problems.
So smile, and call Kate to book your CST session, because we all need the relief a caring health and wellness coach can bring to us.
April 14, 2008
You Potentiality will be coming soon. Please keep checking back for free health and stress relief tips, weight loss and cleansing info, and more about You Potentiality.